The media is focused too much on celebrity claiming the Beats acquisition was for the talents of Dr Dre and their streaming music service. But I think it’s really because of something ridiculously simple that snowballs in concept.
1) Apple wants thinner devices.
2) one of the main items holding that back is the headphone jack. It means 2 holes in 1 device
3) Apple’s Lightning port supports power, data and is slimmer
4) Apple has announced that smart headphones (with controls etc) can now connect to the Lightning port
5) Apple once ditched the floppy disc drive and it took years for others to follow. But now as market leader they can’t afford to wait years if they drop the universally accepted headphone jack in favour of their lightning port. They need to keep pumping out successful hits, year after year
6) the Lightning port is much dearer than a standard jack to incorporate. So what Apple needs is to get a company that can afford to absorb it in their cost
7) enter Beats. A market leader in over priced headphones that can easily absorb the extra cost and with the ‘hip’ factor be able to get other companies to jump on the band wagon and copy their lead.
8) the purchase of Beats was made now so that when the jack free iPhones & iPads come onto the market, people will already have an availability of product options.
Let’s see if my prediction is right. I have a habit of being able to see through marketing.
Ps the less holes in a phone, the better
Just a heads up to let our readers know that the twitter & Instagram profiles that say iPhography are not related to us at all other than using the iPhography name. We currently have no twitter or Instagram account for iPhography
As editor of iphography.com I have tested many photo apps & expected more from the team at hipstamatic. This app just annoys me & I only leave it on my iPhone in the hopes it will get a major redesign
I was excited about Oggl but it’s such a clumsy clunky difficult to use and understand interface. Not much to like about it at all. It’s trying so hard to be clever that I find it unusable.
I just want to quickly be able to add those great hipstamatic filters to images from my camera roll & back to my camera roll without having to share first (maybe later). I can’t even find a button to save to camera roll, it’s automatic I think but it’s annoying because I had to share first & guess what all the save symbols were (we are not all geeks that remember every sharing services icons)
I can’t even find how to delete images. No obvious delete button so my feed has a stupid test image of a stuffed monkey. Lucky I didn’t test with something inappropriate or it would still be there
It’s slow and difficult to select lens / film combination. The icons are so small & I have to painstakingly select them 1 by 1 to read the name of the lens/film and then wait as it applies each and everyone!!! Allow me to select film and lens then hit apply. It is seriously annoying!!!!!!!!!
It took me 10 minutes of sliding back and forwards to find my black and white rock film & I still couldn’t find it, I gave up!
The only thing to like is that I can import my lenses and filters from hipstamatic, which is thoughtful. But once again, a slow process
Hipstamatic is such a well designed well thought out app. So please just ditch this Oggl & add support for camera roll editing within hipstamatic…. & if you must, add the social wall sharing thing as well (aka hipstagram). But a separate Oggl is not needed
Let me repeat. A seperate Oggl is not needed. Just add camera roll editing (& maybe a hipstagram social wall) to hipstamatic, which is a fantastic app
On a recent search of social networks & sharing sites we were amazed at just how many people are now tagging their iphone photos with #iphography. It makes it such a quick and simple way to share and search iPhography with interested people. Search the iPhography tag on popular sites like Instagram & you’ll discover a massive variety of cool pics